International Movements of Waste
A key risk of exporting waste overseas for recovery is the chain of paperwork and approvals required by the Regulating Authorities from the point of origin, transit countries, through to the recovery destination.
Waste2Resource provides a bespoke service to its clients to ensure that the Notification Application to the Environment Agency is correct and that approval is granted in the least time possible.
Key elements of this service are as follows:
- Working with the recovery facility to secure a contract to receive waste
- Negotiation of Financial Guarantee with the Environment Agency
- Procurement of suitable insurances for the transaction
- Providing the Environment Agency with evidence that the waste will be managed in accordance with the law and in an environmentally sound way at all times
- Managing the Notification process with the Regulatory Authorities in the originating and destination countries
- Ensuring Certificates of Recovery are issued to release Financial Guarantee
Why choose us to assist when exporting waste?
Our consultants have nearly 40 years of experience in this industry and can help your business avoid time consuming and costly mistakes. With our well established contacts and considerable knowledge of the export process, the Waste2Resource team will be a valuable asset to you in ensuring the shipping process is managed smoothly at the lowest possible cost and with the minimum of delays.
If your company is considering exporting waste for recovery and needs assistance with the process, we would be happy to help. Contact us.